Wednesday, 16 March 2016

DIY Easter Bunny Softie (Big and Small) Guest Post



This post is a collaboration with our partner blog, Creativity UnmaskedOli was so excited about his new homemade squeaky Easter bunny toy that he couldn't resist a few nibbles before I could even snap a photo!  Look at that drool!  He wasn't going to give it up, either, keeping a possessive paw securely on his prize. 


Head to our partner blog Creativity Unmasked for the full tutorial on how to sew your own simple squeaky Easter bunny soft dog toy (and more photos, of course!).  Bonus!  We made a mini-bunny for our cat brother Tiger as well.  We truly do love furfriends of all shapes and sizes around here. 



For the curious, yes (YES! YES! YES! Woofs! Hooray!), those are indeed dog-friendly Easter "chocolates" in the photo above and we'll be sharing the recipe with you here on Monday as our final pre-Easter weekly recipe post.

Remember, toys are for supervised interactive play. Know your dog before giving him or her any new toy. Some dogs would rather eat their toys (whether store bought or handmade), and that's dangerous. Toys are for playing and playtime is safer (and more fun!) with you involved.  You can read more about dog toy safety here. 

P.S. We are often asked about squeakers for repairing and making dog toys. As detailed in the comments, you may be able to find these locally if you're lucky. I couldn't find squeakers in my local craft shops either, but then discovered that I could buy them in bulk online. Hooray! I my experience, you can find them via large suppliers such as AliExpress, Amazon, or eBay depending on where you live and where you prefer to shop.  They come in different shapes, sizes, etc. so you can explore options and find one that suits you and your pet.

3 comments:

  1. Great question from Patty on Facebook about where to find squeakers, and I thought I should share my reply here in case others are having similar trouble.

    I couldn't find squeakers in my local craft shops either, but then discovered that I could buy them in bulk online. Hooray! I my experience, you can find them via large suppliers such as AliExpress, Amazon, and eBay depending on where you live and where you prefer to shop.

    I have both the standard squeakers and heavy duty squeakers for making different toys. They're also great to have on hand for restuffing toys for stitch-up and reuse. I have a toy hospital basket where I put their dog-damaged but salvageable softies for repairs.

    Message us anytime if you have any trouble finding them (or other supplies) for our DIYs or recipes, and I will happily help if I can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :-) I was wondering that too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Hooray! Happy shopping!

      PS: Don't be shy to message if you ever get stuck searching for materials or ingredients for our DIYs and we'll do our best to help.

      Delete

WE LOVE COMMENTS! Almost as much as treats. :) Thanks ever so much for taking the time to leave us a comment - we read each and every one. We appreciate you taking the time to say hello and share your thoughts.